In some ways, the transition from Beginning to Intermediate Powerboating is the biggest step you will take in this sport. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered.
You’ll learn about weather and navigation and how to apply that knowledge to trip planning. Beginning Powerboating was a daytime course. Intermediate Powerboating students begin to learn about operating at night. Prevention and responding to onboard emergencies also become important as you learn to venture further on a sailboat.
The ultimate goal of Inshore Powerboat Cruising is learning how to live on a powerboat. Most likely, you will begin by staying on the boat for a weekend or a week. You’ll soon find the amount of time you spend boating and the places you go are only limited if you choose to limit them. Inshore Powerboat Cruising is truly a gateway to a whole new world.
Prerequisite: Beginning Powerboating (Basic Powerboat Cruising) & four hours independent powerboating
- Taught by a professional, licensed & certified instructor
- Three full days on the water
- US Powerboating Text Book, Start Powerboating Right! sold separately
- Inshore Powerboat Cruising Certification
- Internationally recognized certification
- Advanced training in systems and boat handling
- US Coast Guard equipped Sea Ray 320 or Sea Ray 350
- Skills and knowledge training that will last a lifetime
Up to 21hrs of class/water time. Additional hours can be purchased.
3 Day Course
You will be directed to appropriate parking upon check-in.
Deck shoes with white soles and a warm jacket are essential year round. Casual comfortable sports clothing is recommended – layers are the way to go. Please pack all personal gear in a soft case or duffle bag, and remember that boats have very limited storage space.
No hard suitcases are permitted on the boats.
These items are highly recommended. They are not required for the classes, but will make your sailing experience more comfortable and/or interesting: flashlight(s), boating gloves, mariner knife, portable GPS, inflatable vest such as SOSPENDERS (available from West Marine), hat, sunglasses and sun block, portable VHF, and cell phone.
Please understand that we will be expecting you on class day, and will have reserved a boat and an instructor for you.
- If you cancel 14 days prior to your class, you will receive credit for future instruction.
- Any credit granted must be used within six (6) months of the originally scheduled class.
- The first timely request to reschedule is free; all others will be billed at $50.00 each.
- Any cancellation requests with less than fourteen (14) days’ notice will forfeit their deposit.
- If weather does not permit the class to take place, it will be rescheduled.
- Absolutely no refunds, no exceptions.
- No smoking
- No pets are allowed on boats at any time.
- No Firearms or Drugs:
- The US Coast Guard and Blue Pacific Yachting have adopted a zero tolerance policy with regard to firearms or any illegal substance. Failure to comply could result in severe legal action.
We look forward to helping you achieve your nautical goals. If you're just starting out, or hoping to increase your experience level and skillset, we'll get you there. Blue Pacific Yachting has served the Marina del Rey community for more than 30 years. With Sailing instruction, powerboating courses, trips to Catalina Island and the Channel Islands, yacht racing classes, spinnaker clinics, catamaran courses, docking clinics, instructor certification courses — we cover it all. Plus, we have a beautiful fleet of boats to bareboat charter. We are proud to be LA's premier boating destination.